After Installing and Activating, the steps below will help you connect your account as quickly as possible.
- Click the small button in the Path field to select your MT4 terminal. If your terminal is not shown, simply click Browse to find it.
- Set the ECN status of your broker. If you are not sure, keep it at Yes.
- Select the Symbols you want to use, and click Next Step. You can always change the symbols later.
You have now setup your account in FX Synergy. The next steps are done in MT4.
- Please make sure you are running the latest version of MT4. Look under HelpAbout, it should say 4.0 Build 509 or higher. If not, please update to the latest version.
- Go to ToolsOptionsExpert Advisors.
- Check the boxes on the left.
- Uncheck the boxes on the right.
- Open a new Forex chart. Any timeframe will do. Please don’t use offline charts.
- Right-click the new chart, go to TemplatesFX Synergy.
With the template loaded you should now see live quotes in FX synergy. If you look under the Accounts tab, you should see a green status on the left. Your account is now connected.
The chart running the template must be open at all times. Simply minimize the chart and don’t use it for anything. Please don’t change the timeframe on this chart. If you accidentally close the chart, just open a new Forex chart and load the template again.
The template loads an EA in the background, which connects FX Synergy and MT4. If the market is closed or isn’t moving, the EA won’t fully start until the first quote comes in. When the EA is started, the account will connect and the EA will keep running until you close the chart or MT4.
When you have completed the steps above, your account should be connected to FX Synergy. If for some reason it’s not connected, please see Connection Trouble-Shooting.